Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you love the idea of relocating to a warmer country? Would you like to work for one of the most successful media agencies in Australia? If so, you might be interested in our exciting new job opportunities. We have teamed up with one of Australia’s most successful digital media agencies to offer two fantastic digital marketing roles to UK residents. Australia currently has a digital marketing talent shortage, so there is a huge demand for skilled marketing employees to relocate. Media companies are currently offering extremely generous salaries and relocation packages for the right person. Agencies are particularly keen to see talented candidates with digital accounts experience. Does this sound like you? If so, here’s some more information about the roles.
About The Roles
Digital Account DirectorLocation: Australia Salary: £70k per Annum This role has a focus on digital strategy, thinking, planning, analysis, and architecture of media recommendations. The Digital Account Director is responsible for the team’s digital output. This includes quality control, campaign implementation, and the tracking and performance of all media campaigns. Two to five years digital marketing experience required. Find out more about this role here.
Digital Account ManagerLocation: Australia Salary: £50k per Annum Focused on the planning, analysis and architecture of media campaigns and client engagement. The Account Manager is responsible for the output of Account Executives and Coordinators. Also the booking, tracking and performance of all media activity. Collaborate with team traders and internal specialist units. Keep a close eye on campaigns to ensure results deliver to expectations for all client activity. Two to five years digital marketing experience required. Find out more about this role here.
Benefits Of Accepting A Digital Marketing Role In AustraliaRelocating for work can seem daunting, especially if you’ve never relocated before. However it is a great opportunity to upgrade your career, your finances and your personal life – and here’s why.
1. It Is The Second Best Place In The World To LiveAccording to a study from the United Nations, Australia is actually the second-best place in the world to live. This is due to the high quality of life. Social progress is steady, the economy is fantastic, high-quality education is accessible and the weather is brilliant.
2. It Is One Of The Happiest Countries In The WorldYou probably won’t be surprised to hear that Australia is also one of the happiest countries in the world. In fact, tThe Wall Street Journal recently reported that Australia is the second happiest country! This was measured by analysing eleven basic welfare factors. These include income, housing, work life balance, community, health and life satisfaction. So if you want to be happier on a daily basis, Australia could help!
3. The Economy Is StrongAustralia is known across the world for having a strong, active economy. This is due to a few factors; the country has a generally skilled workforce, produce is high quality and international commerce is booming.
4. Relocation Costs Are CoveredAll international career transitions with Dotgap are as smooth as possible. We cover moving and relocation costs, and we can also help with visa requirements. This ensures that your career change is as stress-free as possible. So you can hit the ground running as soon as you arrive in Australia! Opportunities like this don’t come along every day. So if you have two to five years of digital marketing experience, we’d love to speak to you. Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an interview. Let’s help you to make the move that will completely transform your life!
The world of PPC marketing is always changing and evolving. This allows pay per click advertising to constantly improve, but it is important for digital marketers to keep up with these trends. After all, these trends allow marketers to deliver more effective campaigns. But what trends can you expect to see this year? Here are six PPC trends to look out for in 2022.
1. PPC Trends To Look Out For In 2022: First-Party DataThird party data used to be an essential metric for most digital marketers, but this is starting to change. Google recently announced that they would be phasing out third party cookies (most will be removed in 2023), but that doesn’t mean there won’t be analytics. Instead Google will be prioritising first party cookies, which can be used to create effective PPC campaigns.
2. Better SegmentationTargeting specific audiences has always been a big part of PPC advertising, but improved segmentation is making this type of advertising even more effective. Audience segmentation is possible through most newsletter services, and it is now becoming a part of social media advertising. This helps marketers to create more effective marketing campaigns across a range of platforms.
3. New Advert FormatsNew adverts formats are constantly popping up. Five years ago image advertising was extremely popular and video advertising was very rare online, but now video adverts are equally as popular. So you can expect to see more video advert formats in 2022 – and it is also possible new types of adverts will become more popular. For instance, audio only adverts may become more mainstream.
4. Responsive Search AdvertDo you use responsive search adverts (AKA RSAs) in your PPC marketing campaigns? If you haven’t, now is the time to start. Responsive search adverts combine ad copy and images to create different ads for different target audiences, and this can significantly boost the effectiveness of your marketing campaign.
5. Pulling It BackLots of small businesses experienced financial uncertainly over the last two years, and this will likely affect their advertising efforts in 2022. Many businesses will have a stripped back marketing budget, so campaigns may be more basic and simpler. This means that many digital marketers will be creating low-cost campaigns over the next year.
6. Unexpected TrendsIt is impossible to predict every PPC trend for 2022, so expect the unexpected. After all, PPC marketing is always changing! The most successful marketers understand this, so they will try to be adaptable, flexible and open minded.
Most employers understand the importance of hiring great candidates. They know that the right candidate will help to improve their business, and they understand that if someone is a good fit they are more likely to stay with the company for a long time. However now is a difficult time to hire; a recent study found that UK job adverts are at a record high in the build-up to Christmas, so it is harder than ever to find the best employees. Thankfully it is still possible to find high quality employees who are compatible with your business; you just need to make sure that your business appeals to these candidates. Here are three tips to help you attract the best digital marketing talent.
1. How Employers Can Attract The Best Digital Marketing Talent: Think About Your BrandingOne of the easiest ways to increase the quality of job candidates is by including clear branding. This doesn’t mean you need to use your logo or the company colours; instead you should focus on the values of your brand. Is your company known for being innovative and out of the box, or are you more traditional? Are you known for working with global giants, or do you normally work with small start-ups? This information will make it easier for you to attract likeminded individuals who see themselves in your brand. This means they are more likely to be a good fit (and they are also more likely to stay with the company for a long time!).
2. Cultivate A Strong Social Media PresenceYou may not think that your social media presence is linked to finding job candidates – but it certainly can be. After all, nearly four billion people use social media (in fact, there are over 1 billion people on Instagram alone!), which makes it one of the best places to advertise online. So make sure you have professional, active social media pages that your target audience (potential employees) can find. Then potential employees can follow you online, which means they are more likely to see job opportunities (or they may even send their CV in when you don’t have vacancies).
3. Create Engaging Job AdvertsFinally it is important to create an engaging job advert. Include a detailed job description, be clear and articulate when you are describing your ideal candidate, and make sure your company description helps you to stand out from the crowd. This means you are less likely to interview incompatible candidates who don’t have the right skills or attitude.
When it comes to small business marketing, the internet is one of the most successful avenues - and yet many small business owners avoid hiring a digital marketing employee. This could be due to a few reasons; maybe they have a tight budget, or maybe they don’t think that digital marketing is worth spending money on. Either way, this can cause a big problem. Here are four reasons why every business needs a digital marketing employee.
1. Why Every Business Needs A Digital Marketing Employee: It Will Expand Your ReachThere are over three billion people using social media, which accounts for nearly 40% of the world’s population (yes, really!). As so many people are now using social media on a daily basis, it is easy to reach a wide range of potential customers you would never connect with without digital marketing. With just a few strategic social media and blog posts you can connect with thousands of new people, helping to expand your reach.
2. You Will Get Advanced AnalyticsA good digital marketing employee will track the progress of their campaigns with advanced analytics (such as Google Analytics, Instagram Business Insights or Open Web Analytics). This will show them which campaigns are succeeding and which campaigns aren’t, so they will be able to alter future campaigns for greater success. This means that you will keep getting better and better results from your digital marketing campaigns. See our digital marketing jobs here.
3. It Is Cost EffectiveResearch has found that digital marketing is one of the most cost effective kinds of marketing, especially when compared with traditional marketing (such as print or TV). One of the best examples of this is PPC advertising (pay per click advertising), as you will only pay once a user clicks on the advert. This will improve your ROI (return on investment), which is ideal for small businesses with a tight budget.
4. Digital Marketing Is FlexibleAnother great thing about digital marketing is how flexible it is. There are so many different techniques and ways to reach your desired target audience; you could start an email marketing campaign, you could pay for a Facebook advert, or you could sponsor a YouTube or Instagram influencer. There are so many options; you just need a digital marketing employee to help you achieve your goals. Did you enjoy this blog post? If so, click here to check out more of our blog posts.
Do you want to stay ahead of the digital marketing curve? Do you want to further your career? If so, it could be beneficial to check out a digital marketing podcast in your free time. Digital marketing podcasts are useful, fun and free, and listening to just one a week could help you to advance your career. However there are lots of digital marketing podcasts out there, so it can be difficult to decide which one to listen to. Thankfully we are here to help; here are 5 interesting digital marketing podcasts that could further your career.
1. 5 Interesting Digital Marketing Podcasts That Could Further Your Career: Marketing School with Neil Paten & Eric SiuNeil Paten is well-known in the marketing world for co-founding global companies such as CrazyEgg and QuickSprout, as well as his successful marketing website NeilPatel.com. His podcast features co-host Eric Siu, who is also a marketing expert, and every podcast has useful, relevant marketing advice for 2021. The podcasts are also fairly short, so you can easily listen them during a work-out or a commute.
2. Social Media Examiner PodcastThe Social Media Examiner is a fairly well-known marketing website, and they recently started a podcast with the same name. There are two episodes per week that are around 40 minutes long, and every podcast comes with useful tips and tricks to help with digital and social media marketing. There are also interviews from industry professionals, as well as digital marketing success stories.
3. Online Marketing Made EasyOnline Marketing Made Easy is a useful podcast hosted by Amy Porterfield that makes marketing simple. Every episode ends with a clear call to action to help you improve your digital marketing campaigns. We think that this podcast is very inspiring, and the call to action at the end will definitely help to motivate you!
4. The GaryVee Audio ExperienceGary Vaynerchuk (who is probably better known as Gary Vee) is a digital marketing pro, and every episode of his podcast comes with actionable, practical advice. He mostly covers social media marketing, online marketing and entrepreneurship. So if you are a business owner or marketing manager, this podcast could be perfect for you. One of the best things about the GaryVee Audio Experience is the quality of the advice. He is an expert in his field, and it would cost hundreds to hire him for an hour of consultancy – but this podcast you can discover valuable insights for free!
5. Marketing Over CoffeeMarketing Over Coffee is a fun, casual podcast that doesn’t take itself too seriously. Each episode is only around 20 minutes long, so it is very easy to listen to one while you’re on the go, and hosts John Wall and Christopher Penn are interesting and insightful. The podcast covers SEO marketing, social media marketing, email marketing and copywriting, so it is ideal for bloggers, online marketers and website owners.
The world of digital marketing is constantly evolving and changing, so if you want to work in the industry it can be beneficial to keep up-to-date with the latest trends. This is especially true if you are looking for a new job, as the skills that landed you your last job may no longer be as relevant. Of course this doesn’t mean that you won’t be able to find new work; it just means that you may need to brush up on some skills. Here are four digital marketing skills that will help your career to thrive.